Monday, March 2, 2009

First day of job training

So mom, Blair and I headed up to Richmond last evening. We had a very eventful drive up. It had been raining all day at home so we drove in the rain. Well, then the rain turned into snow. And then the snow just kept coming and coming and coming. It took us about 3 hours to drive from my house to the hotel in Richmond, which normally takes about an hour and half. The snow accumulated on the road very quickly so the roads got pretty slick. We saw about 20 cars that had slid off of the road and where in the medians. We were very lucky that we made it here with no problems for us. There is about 5 inches of snow on the ground here at the hotel. I got a call from my supervisor at about 10PM last night telling me that our training had been canceled for today. Since we didn't have to get up right away, we decided to sleep in but wanted to get up so that we could go to breakfast. Well I woke up about 30 minutes before breakfast was over so we got dressed quickly and headed down stairs to eat. We ran into one of my coworkers that lives around here and he was not called last night and told that training had been canceled so he drove in for no reason. After we got our showers, we watched some TV and had some lunch. After lunch and Blair's nap, we all bundled up and took Blair outside so that she could sit in the snow. We plopped her down in the snow and she was OK. We let her feel the snow and after a few minutes and a few touches, Blair decided that the snow is not cool. I got some video and pictures of Blair in the snow and I'll post them when I get home next weekend. Hopefully, we will have training tomorrow because sitting in a hotel room is not fun!

1 comment:

Kim said...

glad that you had a safe trip up there! have a good week! talk to you when you get back!