Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Birthday Party!

Dora the Explorer has officially invaded our house. We had a great time at Blair's birthday party although we had a rough few days in our house. Blair got sick so we had to push her party off from Saturday to Sunday and then I got her cold. I have since given it to my mom, so we are just sharing in the love here! We were able to borrow a bounce house from one of Nick's coworkers and I have to say that I was amazed at what showed up in my backyard! I made really cool cupcakes if I must say thanks to Whitney's idea about dying the batter. I used pink, orange and yellow batter to make rainbow cupcakes. Someday I will figure out how much you fill the cupcake cup up with batter so my first dozen was very full and overflowing as they cooked, the second dozen was just right and the third dozen didn't have enough batter! Hunter decided that the cupcakes looked so yummy that he helped himself to a dozen, wrappers and all, while we were out running errands. Needless to say, I made another batch the night before the party. Blair decided that she would be prissy and ate her cupcake with a spoon after she sang herself "Happy Birthday"! I cannot believe that Blair is 2 already!!!! The time has flown by, especially this last year since I have been busy working. I can't wait to see what we plan for Blair's 3rd birthday party!

No comments: